In addition to fellowship and networking with other Christians
in the behavioral sciences, CAPS provides many other benefits.
Journal of Psychology and Christianity
The Journal of Psychology and Christianity (JPC) is an official quarterly publication of the Christian Association for Psychological Studies (CAPS), designed to provide scholarly interchange among Christian professionals. Most articles fall into one of the following four categories:
- Issues in psychology, counseling, marriage and family, and related fields which can be useful to academic and applied settings.
- The relationship between psychology/counseling and Christian faith, including the psychology of religion.
- Applied articles on current issues in clinical practice.
- Articles dealing with the application of psychological and counseling theory and data to the work of the church, missions, and other Christian organizations.
Professional Listing in the CAPS Online Directory
Certain members obtain a listing in the CAPS Online Directory at no additional charge. A search engine built into the directory allows for the identification of CAPS member professionals in a given area, along with contact information and maps/directions to their professional office.
Although CAPS is an international association of members, it also has local chapters in the United States. Local chapters provide more localized networking and fellowship opportunities, and often sponsor their own continuing education seminars.
National, Regional, and Local Conferences
Members receive discounted registration fees for the annual International Conference, and at most regional and local continuing education events.
CAPS Connect Email Newsletter
CAPS publishes a monthly electronic newsletter that includes news and feature articles, clinical updates, practice development tips, articles of interest to academics, and informative listings of articles and books written by CAPS members.
Continuing Education Credit
CAPS offers opportunities to earn continuing education credits with activities that are aligned with your worldview.
Other Benefits and Services
- Ethical guidelines for practice and research
- A network of professional and pastoral care
- Special offers for discounts on auto rentals, insurance, books and other services (see the benefits in the members only section for discount codes)
- Other goods, services and special offers made available only to CAPS members